Associate Consultant or Consultant – Group Benefits
Work location : Montreal, Quebec City or TorontoPermanent positionFull-time
Deadline : 30 September 2022
We are looking for a bright, motivated Associate Consultant or Consultant in Group Benefits to join our team in one of our three offices in Montreal, Quebec City or Toronto.
Under the guidance of the Principals and Partners, your role will be to participate in assignments for clients of different sectors and sizes and based on your own interest, to participate in one of our areas of expertise within the team.
In carrying out their duties, the person will be called to:
- Participate in annual projects (budget, review of financial statements, renewals, etc.) and ad hoc projects (plan design review, benchmarking analysis, market search, etc.)
- Perform calculations and other technical work using the appropriate tools, processes, and appropriate work methods
- Prepare presentations to various stakeholders and plan participants
- Seek to improve knowledge of group benefits market and share valuable information with colleagues
- Present work to colleagues and explain chosen methods clearly and concisely
- Propose solutions to problems or consult the appropriate people to resolve them
- Propose new approaches or improve processes
- May get involved in the research and development of one of our areas of expertise (drug management, international consulting, actuarial valuations, administrative solutions, tools and efficiency, etc.), if desired
- May participate in external exposure activities (e.g. conferences and University recruitment)
- Undergraduate degree in either actuarial science, business or commerce
- At least two years of more of relevant experience
- Prior relevant experience in the group benefits industry or in group retirement
- Mastering of Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), programming skills an asset
- Unwavering commitment to Normandin Beaudry’s values: excellence, respect, initiative, collegiality
- Solid team player
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Versatility, flexibility, availability, and strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude, autonomy, and accountability
- Bilingualism (English and French), an asset
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Normandin Beaudry fosters an inclusive work environment in which the respect of others and their differences is valued. We are looking for applicants of various backgrounds in order to build a diverse and value-added workforce for the firm. If you require special accommodations adapted to your situation during the hiring process, please let us know.