The purpose of this notice is to inform you about how we process your personal information and to set out your rights.
Personal information is any information or collection of varied information that relates to a natural person by which that person may be directly or indirectly identified.
Your personal information is mainly collected through our clients so that we may provide the services for which we have been retained. In this case, our clients are responsible for obtaining your consent.
In this case, the following rules apply:
- Before collecting personal information, Normandin Beaudry will ensure that you have given your consent. Your consent must be explicit, free and informed. It must be given for specific purposes and requested for each of these purposes.
- The request for consent must include, in simple and clear terms, at least the following particulars:
- The purposes for which the personal information is being collected;
- The means by which the personal information is collected;
- Access and rectification rights under this policy;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the disclosure or use of the personal information that was collected; and
- Where applicable, the names or categories of third parties for whom it is collected.
Normandin Beaudry only collects and processes personal information that is necessary for the purposes identified prior to collection.
Normandin Beaudry retains your personal information for a limited time.
We have implemented a retention schedule that helps us determine how long we should keep each type of personal information, depending on the context. Personal information is destroyed once the retention period has expired. The duration depends on our legal, professional and regulatory obligations.
Normandin Beaudry respects your rights regarding your personal information. You have rights concerning your personal information, such as the following:
- Right of access and right to obtain information on data processing: At your request, Normandin Beaudry will confirm whether it holds personal information about you and, if applicable, allow you to obtain a copy. In addition, and at your request, Normandin Beaudry will identify the personal information collected and inform you on how it was processed. If your personal information was collected from a client, Normandin Beaudry, at your request, will inform you of the source of your personal information.
- Right to rectify: At your request, Normandin Beaudry will rectify the personal information it holds when it is inaccurate, incomplete or ambiguous.
- Right to object to an automated decision: In the event a decision is based exclusively on the automated processing of your personal information, that is, with no human intervention, Normandin Beaudry will communicate, at your request, information on automated decision-making, including the parameters that led to the decision, the main factors, the personal information used as well as your rights to have your personal information rectified.
To exercise these rights, contact the Privacy Officer in writing using the contact details provided below.
We comply with applicable laws and contractual agreements, where applicable, regarding the disclosure of your personal information.
Subject to legal or contractual storage obligations, your personal information will be destroyed when the purposes for which it was collected or used have been fulfilled.
If you have any questions or concerns about Normandin Beaudry’s handling of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer:
- By phone: 514-285-1122;
- By email: responsablePVP@normandin-beaudry.ca; or
- By mail: 630 René-Lévesque Boulevard West, 30th floor, Montréal, Quebec, H3B 1S6.
If you are not satisfied with the response to your concerns or the service received, contact the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec.