Ontario registered pension plans: Temporary relief measures to ease administrative burden
On June 18, 2020, the Ontario government announced temporary extensions to deadlines for filing certain documents with the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) and for some member communications.
FSRA has modified Q11 of its FAQ to include a table detailing the new deadlines for filing various elements, including:
- Pension plan amendments
- Actuarial valuation reports
- Annual information returns
- Member annual statements
- Plan administrators must contact FSRA to request this filing extension.
- Financial statements
- Investment information summaries
- Asset transfers between pension plans
In general, filing and communication deadlines have been doubled or extended until year-end 2020.
Normandin Beaudry consultants will continue to monitor the pension sector and will keep you informed of any developments. Please contact us if you have any questions.