Consultant or Principal – Group Benefits
Work location : Montreal, Quebec City or TorontoPermanent positionFull-time
Deadline : 30 September 2022
We are looking for a bright, motivated Consultant or Principal in Group Benefits to join our team in one of our three offices in Montreal, Quebec City or Toronto.
Under the guidance of the Principals and Partners, your role will be to participate in assignments for clients of different sectors and sizes and based on your interest, to participate in one of our areas of expertise within the team.
In carrying out their duties, the person will be called to:
- Plan and manage current projects and resources
- Delegate and review the work of assistant consultants and analysts
- Make recommendations, anticipate client needs and responds to requests from internal and external clients
- Participate in annual projects (budget, review of financial statements, renewals, etc.) and ad hoc projects (plan design review, benchmarking analysis, market search, etc.)
- Submit recommendations to the clients and propose solutions
- Prepare presentations to various stakeholders and participants
- Transfer of knowledge to assistant consultants and analysts
- Propose new approaches or improve processes
- May get involved in the research and development of one of our areas of expertise (drug management, international consulting, actuarial valuations, administrative solutions, tools and efficiency, etc.), if desired
- May participate in external exposure activities (e.g. conferences)
- May take part in preparing service proposals and presentations to prospects
- May take part in talent management
- A university degree in either actuarial science, mathematics, finance, economics or business administration
- At least five years of more of relevant experience
- Prior consulting experience or experience in group benefits industry
- Unwavering commitment to Normandin Beaudry’s values: excellence, respect, initiative, collegiality
- Solid team player
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Versatility, flexibility, availability, and strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude, autonomy, and accountability
- Bilingualism (English and French), an asset
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Normandin Beaudry fosters an inclusive work environment in which the respect of others and their differences is valued. We are looking for applicants of various backgrounds in order to build a diverse and value-added workforce for the firm. If you require special accommodations adapted to your situation during the hiring process, please let us know.